Sunday, May 11, 2008

foiled by flats



I had big plans to head up to Snowbird to do some spring boarding this morning but with my truck tire looking like this I'm not going anywhere. Yeah, I could change it and put on my spare but I just don't feel like it. I need to start running stans in my car tires. I also need to repaint my wheels! Check out this piece of metal that got stuck in there...


Oh well- its nice down here. Sammi and I played frisbee instead.

Raced the Wimmer's icup yesterday in some SLOW dirt. It felt like slow motion racing. It was all loamy and squishy and felt like our tires were flat. I can't imagine how fast we would have been going putting in that kind of effort on some normal dirt. Some of the single track was tacky and buff and super fun to ride. Rode pretty much the whole race with Bart and was able to pull away on the last lap. I felt ok finally and hopefully I'll be able to keep getting in shape. Weekly racing starts up this week and I'll probably only be able to hit up the early ones in May before work travel gets crazy this summer.

No comments: