Sunday, April 6, 2008

Moab

Hannah and I went to Moab this weekend to ride Porcupine Rim. We lucked out with awesome biking weather and got to ride it twice.

We pulled in late Friday night and pretty much camped on Highway 128- I think a diesel truck drove by our tent about every 20 minutes all night. Luckily we got a slightly better spot for Sat.


On the shuttle














Doing the chicken dance



































This is pretty crazy- they have
been burning the tamarisk trees down
and clearing them out. I think they found a
beetle that just kills those trees. I know they
weren't native but they did provide some good
secluded camp sights. Now its all open and you feel like you are at a KOA- or a junkyard or something.


Fun stuff - Han has some better pics so maybe I'll post some of those when she send them over.

No comments: