Monday, September 29, 2008

viva las vegas

two nights in vegas is one too many... i just spent 7 nights and 8 days down there. highlights include:

-making a last minute decision to race the cactus cup two days before the start enven though I knew I wasn't really on point. I'm at the point in the season where you can ride all day at one speed but just don't have that top end. I am sure it was good for me to get out and race even though I felt like poo all weekend. the only time my legs felt good was in the fat tire crit and I got a side ache with five laps to go. I managed to hang on to the main group and luckily steered around a crash in the last corner and finished safely. that was my first crit of any sort and it was pretty fun. Brandon domintated the semi pros all weekend.

-working two days at the dirt demo changing pedals and setting sag for people. i was putting air in a fork on a hard tail 29er for this one guy and he goes "Hey man its a hartail how hard can it be to set up?" At that point I just gave him the bike and said have fun (jackass). He then preceded to adjust the fore and aft of his seat for a few minutes while I stood there biting my tongue. Then he took off and came back a few minutes later "Ooh party foul man- there's no bottle cage on this thing!" Hey dipshit- its a 5 minute loop.

-awesome sushi dinner on continental

-three days in Interbike. Luckily I was busy enough to pass the time pretty well during the day

-cross vegas. awesome race with a ton of people. lance was fighting it out for top 20.

-vegas trafiic

-In-N-Out burger twice. Yum.

-Riding Gooseberry Mesa on the way home saturday morning.

-Getting home!

No comments: