Thursday, January 17, 2008

St. George- fingers and fun

My friend Brandon and I headed down to St. George last weekend to do some mtn. biking with a bunch of people. It was super fun- despite the fact that Brandon got robbed of riding dirt by a dislocated finger. It was a gnarly crash and I actually saw his bone sticking out of his finger! I thought he was going to be really messed up so I guess it turned out OK. I went to get the car and brought him to the emergency room. 4 stitches in his finger and 3 in his leg and he was back out on the bike by 5 pm. Hard core!! Sunday I met up with a bunch of people for a ride. It was super fun and ended up being really long. Here's Bart stopping for some lunch- its hard to see but there is a sign in the background that says "Wraps $8.50." Crazy. Here's a photo of me courtesy of Brad Keyes. What you can't see is that it is 40 degrees with probably a 40 mph north wind! Cool view down to theVirgin River Gorge and Mesquite though. I almost dropped down to play some slots... Brandon put in 3+ hours on the road on his mtb. Sunday- tough as nails! We got back late Sunday night then I hit the road to work Boise/Sun Valley Monday morning. As if that wasn't enough driving I took a wrong turn on a "short cut" and tacked on a good hour to my return trip. I guess things look a little different in the dark. Anyway- crazy week!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

FROM HAN AND TIM: biking's cool...i think i may have done that when i was six or so...now i am more into espresso martinis and curly bamboos. we out...although you do look sexy from afar on your bi-cycle.