Saturday, August 2, 2008

monthly post

Man I have been failing as a blogger lately. Luckily Ty has kept up the posting. Good work dude.

Been a crazy month- made it back east to do some races and get a small vacation in. Vacations are never as relaxing as you hope and I didn't really get a whole lot of rest/down time in but did have a great time. Had two OK races back there- not my best days but not my worst. I suffered like a dog in the hot humid weather for some reason. Maybe I am getting used to the nice dry climate here.

After the Mt. Snow short track I packed up my bike and flew to St. Louis MO. for a sales meeting. I finally made it back to Salt Lake Wednesday night after a few days of too much drinking and lots of shitty food. I worked Thursday in the office and then left bright and early to Jackson on Friday to work up there and do the ICUP race. It took my legs a lap to wake up from a week without riding but they started to come around on the 2nd and I managed to get away for the win. Sunday I did this dual hill climb thing. Nothing but a whole lot of suffering there- and the "mtb" portion climbs a road for 35 minutes. Then 5 minutes of dirt road and 6 of 1 track. A cross bike would be the ride of choice there. Sammi came up for the weekend and we went up to Teton National Park after and swam in a lake. Cold but nice.

I worked Mon/Tues up there and drove straight to Solitude to see what I could salvage in the overall standings up there. If nothing else I have solidified 3rd- not too bad for missing 2 races.

All that's left me pretty worked- just in time for Outdoor Retailer this week. Yahoo! Here are some random pics-








this guy wandered in to our camp at sunrise



han and i after a weekly vt. race




looking stoked after windham




and this is what i miss most about VT besides the fam...

1 comment:

Ty Nelson said...

sweet PBR tall boy in the camping shot!