Sunday, June 1, 2008

40s



Since I am moving out this week we drank some big beers at the house last night- yum! Its a good thing you can't get those in Utah. Played on the slackline too- funny, there seems to be a correlation between balance and beer consumption...



Speaking of moving I was planning to get going on some stuff today and haven't done a thing! That will be a project for this week I guess.

I was pretty disappointed with how I felt at the Sundance ICUP yesterday but got over it quickly. I love that course and was hoping for a good race but just didn't have the ups. Rode a decent race but just didn't have a ton of energy and couldn't climb. I was still tired from chasing hard wed. and my legs and back were like "hey dude- give us a break." I hadn't had much of a chance to recover with work and just stuff to do. For some reason I grabbed the lead into the singletrack though but was soon thinking what am I doing here. I tried back off and save some for the end and did start to come around at the start of the last 1/2 lap. I gunned it and think I was making up some time on Mitchell but ran out of real estate. Oh well- felt great wed. so hopefully with a little rest I'll come around... moving is good recovery right?

Ty is off to Sun Valley for his first big round of Patagonia showings- good luck dude!

2 comments:

primetime formerly known as slyfox said...

when the power goes out, you dont sit in the dark with candles, freezing if its winter, or sweating if its summer.

when the gov. turns off the power to get you to move out.

when the asteroid hits and there is no power

when the hurricane comes and destroys all infrastructure

when the earthquake comes and wrecks all poles and lines.

you will wish you had a back up source of panels and batteries

Ty Nelson said...

word. i was thinking of it more in terms of sustainability and living off the grid to save resources.